turned his £14,000-a-month Cheshire mansion into a fortress today after being bailed by police ‘pending further investigation’ having been arrested on suspicion of rape, sexual assault, threats to kill and assault of an 18-year-old student.
The England and Manchester United striker, 20, who spent a third night in a cell last night after first being detained on Sunday, was released from custody this morning.
Today, after 72 hours in a Manchester police station and hours of interviews, detectives released him. He is likely to be heading to his Cheshire mansion, where police were seen on Sunday, but he has not yet surfaced.
Two private security guards are now guarding the house, which is owned by an unnamed former Premier League star. This afternoon an expert also arrived to install a £350 home security system, which can record from up to eight CCTV cameras in 4KHD.
One neighbour told MailOnline: ‘We haven’t seen anything of him. It’s a nice modern house. We believe he rents it for £14,000 with all the bills included’.
The 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault after distressing pictures and audio circulated on social media alleging he attacked an 18-year-old student. Yesterday he was re-arrested while in custody on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill his alleged victim.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: ‘A 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of the rape and assault of a woman has been released on bail pending further investigation’.
Manchester United has already said he will not play for the club — or train with them — while the police investigate him. He has disappeared from United’s online merchandise shop and versions of FIFA ’22. Nike have suspended his sponsorship deal and one of United’s official partners, Cadbury, says it will not use him in any marketing products ‘while these allegations are being investigated’.
Players and staff are said to be ‘shocked and appalled’ by the images and audio clip that were leaked on social media over the weekend. If you liked this article and you would like to acquire much more information regarding situs judi slot terbaik 2022 kindly stop by the webpage.
United’s most high-profile stars, including David de Gea, and Paul Pogba have appeared to unfollow Greenwood on Instagram, despite following other squad members.
Police have bailed Mason Greenwood after arresting him on suspicion of rape, assault, sexual assault and threats to kill a young woman, 18
Greenwood is likely to be heading back his Cheshire mansion after three days in custody. he is not believed to be there, but two security guards are now stood outside
This afternoon an expert also arrived to install a £350 home security system (pictured)
The video box can record from up to eight CCTV cameras at a time in 4KHD, costing £350
Marcus Rashford, , Fred and are also among those not following the rising star, while club captain Harry Maguire and Bruno Fernandes are in a group of 18 squad members who, so far, are continuing to do so.
Players and staff are said to be ‘shocked and appalled’ by the images and audio clip that were leaked on social media over the weekend.
A number of them including Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani and David de Gea appear to have stopped following Greenwood on social media.
It is one of the misconceptions about professional sport that teammates are automatically close friends away from the pitch. Greenwood is younger than most of the senior squad and known to keep to himself around the club.
United, meanwhile, have been plunged into crisis far beyond any of the dramas that have unfolded at Old Trafford this season.
‘Everyone is very shaken up,’ said one source. ‘This is very different to the normal things they have to deal with.’
Greenwood was arrested after a social media post included a voice recording of a conversation between a man and a woman, dated October last year, which purportedly chronicled the woman being attacked.
Police said in a statement on yesterday evening: ‘Detectives have been granted further additional time to speak to a man in his 20s who was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault of a woman.
‘The suspect was detained in custody on Sunday afternoon after we became aware of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence.
‘Following enquiries so far, he has since been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill.
‘Enquiries are ongoing and the victim continues to be offered specialist support.’
Following the update, United released a statement: ‘Manchester United reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind. As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice.’
In the wake of the allegations, Nike — the world-famous sportswear giant — released a statement stating that they were ‘deeply concerned’.
Greenwood was re-arrested after allegations of sexual assault and threats to kill
Players such as Cristiano Ronaldo (above) and Paul Pogba have unfollowed Greenwood on social media
It was also revealed their connection with Greenwood has been put on hold.
A statement read: ‘We have suspended our relationship with Mason Greenwood. We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation.’
On Wednesday, the club’s official logistics partner DHL became the latest sponsor to issue a statement, saying: ‘We are aware of the recent allegations against Manchester United footballer, Mason Greenwood.
‘While we do not tolerate any kind of violence, we will not be commenting on the situation while the investigation is ongoing.
‘Our partnership with Manchester United encompasses the team, the club and the global brand, and not one specific individual.’
Meanwhile manager Ralf Rangnick and the rest of the squad are back in training today and must try to focus on a FA Cup fourth round tie against Middlesbrough at Old Trafford on Friday night.
It comes after the striker was removed from 22 in an update on Tuesday.
After a database update for all platforms including Xbox, and PC, the Manchester United striker no longer features in the popular computer game for offline modes.
After a database update for all platforms including Xbox, PlayStation and PC, Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood no longer features in the popular computer game for offline modes
But his FIFA 22 Ultimate Team item is still active and can be swapped on the game’s FUT 22 transfer market